The Institute of Community and Civic Engagement works to empower students to become agents of change in their communities and beyond
The Institute of Community and Civic Engagement works to empower students to become agents of change in their communities and beyond; to foster education that meets the needs of the communities we serve; and to help develop pathways to meaningful participation in local, state, and federal government decision making processes.
Some of our projects include:
- Internships where students learn to be community advocates
- A resource Center for Undocumented Students
- Latino Empowerment at De Anza (LEAD), an academic program that integrates community engagement into classes that focus on issues of immigration as well as Latina/o culture and communities
- Public Policy School, where students are trained to be advocates on public policy
- Youth Voices United for Change, an annual conference that brings 300 low income high school students to De Anza to learn about social change
- Mentors for Youth Empowerment, a mentoring project where De Anza students work with high school students to find their voices as agents of change
- Certificate in Leadership and Social Change an academic program to train community organizers
Join the Conversation
12345 S. El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, CA 94022
Our mission is to change student lives by raising & investing funds to support the educational excellence of Foothill and De Anza colleges.
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!